Tuesday 13 May 2014

The Body Shop Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter



I had never really paid attention to The Body Shop's skincare range before. I mainly go crazy around their shower gels and body butter shelves leaving little energy to actually walk around the store and see what else is available. For the past year I have been using Bioderma. Every. Single. Day. And I thought it was finally time for a change. My first weapon of choice to target my dirty 10 hour long foundation face is The Body Shop's Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter. 





It has a waxy texture which can be a little difficult to work with. It's quite a solid. It reminds me of hardened pork fat for some reason. (Asian girls who grew up in families where their mums/grandmas brewed pork will know what I mean). It's a bit hard to break product away from..."The Solid" (lol I don't know what else to call it) and you kind of have to exert some pressure in order to break the hard top. From there on, the balm comes off quite easily. 

It is a very strange texture, and almost instantaneously melts into liquid form when it comes into contact with your skin. You then massage this oily liquid across your face to break down all the foundation, powders, eyeshadows and mascara that you have buffed/smeared into your face. 

This cleansing butter does a wonderful job removing all your makeup. And I'm reminded of my nighttime skincare routine from 2 years ago where I regularly used oils to remove makeup. The downside of this balm is that it does leave a film of oil on the skin which is very difficult to rinse off with water. Your face is oily and your hands are oily. If you are like me and is an oil-phobe, this may cause a few minutes of unsettledness while you wash your face again with a deep cleanser. I despise all products that leave an oily residue such as thick face creams, rich body butters or hard to dissolve hand creams so this product does annoy me in that aspect. 

BUT...I never stay annoyed for long, because once my cleanser does its job, my face feels amazing. Not as tight feeling as when I used my Bioderma and my skin definitely feels softer and more plump. The smell of this cleansing butter also adds a few brownie points. It smells like something that a spa would use. Like that Moringa sensation (although the balm doesn't smell like Moringa). Healthy, can a product smell healthy? Maybe Organic is a better word.

If you have dry skin or looking for something that can add that little bit of moisture and nourishment into your skincare routine this winter, then this product will work really well for you. If you are an oily gal and hate the feeling of more greasiness against your skin, then this may be a miss for you.

This Cleansing Butter can be found in all Body Shop stores for $26.95 (for 90mL) which is quite good value as you really don't need a lot to remove a full face of makeup. I am still interested in trying the Clinique Take The Day Off Makeup Remover though as I think Clinique's was one of the original balm makeup cleansers.

Have you used this before? What is your skincare routine like?


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

a penny for your thoughts?