Friday 24 January 2014

NYX Matte Bronzer

As many of you may already know, Nyx has recently just become available in Target in Australia. Previously we could only purchase from cherryculture.com or beautyjoint.com and chose colours/shades based on google image swatches and reviews. I have already tried some products and I'm happy to say that they carry some really high end quality products.

So I didn't think twice when I picked up Nyx's Matte Bronzer is shade 01 Fair. I like it when companys make different shades in bronzers rather than just a universal one (which just seems so lazy) and usually only suits one or two skin tones on the colour scale. 




Since I only like a little subtle bronzing rather than full-on bronzing, I thought shade 01 would work perfect for me. But when I got home and brushed it onto my cheeks, it was way too pink to be a bronzer for me! Excuse me Nyx, why is it so pink?! I tried it again the next day to see if I can buff it in some more to make the finish look more natural but its just makes my face look red and puffy. 
Eek! #*@&&#%%!

The texture is very creamy and smooth. So soft and creamy that it is bordering on chalky, but don't worry...it's just bordering, not actually chalky. The slightest amount adds a flush of colour to your skin so apply with a light hand and blend the product right in. Aside from how this shade totally doesn't suit my skin, I would highly recommend Nyx bronzers. There are 3 shades to choose from. Actually come to think of it, this could be a highly pigmented powder for dark skinned goddesses.


Here is how it compares to some of my other matte bronzers. My holygrail favorite Nars Laguna is a complete different colour to Nyx's Matte Bronzer. Is it because I'm so used to Laguna? Is anyone else noticing how pink toned this bronzer is? I've decided to either keep it and use it as a blush or sell it in an upcoming blogsale. 



L-R: Benefit Hoola, Nyx Matte Bronzer, Soleil tan de Chanel, Nars Laguna
L-R: Benefit Hoola, Nyx Matte Bronzer, Soleil tan de Chanel, Nars Laguna

No comments:

Post a Comment

a penny for your thoughts?