Thursday 27 February 2014

Forever Young with Chanel Le Lift

Everytime I would walk past the Chanel beauty counter, I can't help myself but go open and get a whiff of the new Chanel Le Lift moisturizer. It's like a drug fueling my inability to stop buying beauty products I just have too much of already.

If you visit your local Myer or David Jones, you will see these babies displayed in a central location of the Chanel counter in little flower/pod like cute stands. And in this jar of sophisticated, luxe and baby-pink-coloured goodness, you will find the most nicely scented moisturizer ever! When it first hit counters, i opened it out of curiosity and once the scent hit my nostrils, I was sold. I didn't care what it did. I'll use it as a body lotion for all I care. 

The sales talked about its selling points and obvious things I could already work out from the names. But she actually told me that it is not an anti wrinkle cream which I was confused by as "anti-wrinkle" was written in capital font just behind the display. I'm yet to notice much difference on my skin but to be honest, I'm 25, so I don't have deep lines in the first place. I'm just preventing early.

snippets from Chanel
Now onto the actual products. 

Creme Fine is very thin in consistency, almost watery. It is very lightweight and almost immediately get absorbed into the skin. This is recommended for you oily skinned beauties.

Creme is like your average lotion. Not too watery, not too creamy, but enough to feel the product on your face for a while before it fully absorbs. This is for normal/combo skin typed girlies.

Creme Riche is thick and heavy, almost like a leave-in mask. This is most suitable for very dry-skinned beauties or matured women who want more nourishment in their skincare routine. 

as you can see, the Creme Riche is very set. Doesn't budge at all
but Creme Fine and Creme slosh around when you change the
position of the jar.

Creme Fine, Creme, Creme Riche

Once I applied these to my hand, Creme Fine started to absorb
into the fine lines of my hand. It is very watery in texture
compared to Creme Riche which just sets over your skin like
a moisturizing cocoon.
Creme Fine is perfect for me and I like to use it in the mornings before I apply my makeup as I hate the feeling of moisturizer hovering over my skin as I apply my foundation. It feels like everything is just mixing. Creme is also good and I love it. It is just a tiny bit thicker than Creme Fine but it is the type of formula and consistency that I am used to. Creme Riche is a bit too thick for me. I bought it to use as a night cream but in the morning my face feels even more oily and thick. I may try to use this again during winter or when I feel my skin needs the extra nourishing.  

These are quite expensive. Yes, even for Chanel. AUD $175 per tub. But once you touch the sturdy, heavy glass packaging and the thought that went into creating three different formulas of one product for people of different skin types, you can kind of understand why they are charging what they charge. It doesn't justify the price, don't get me wrong, but it makes you feel better.

If you've got a mother to spoil, then the Creme Riche will be a fantastic gift for her.

Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. Hmm it seems like your blog ate my first comment (it was super
    long) so I guess I'll just sum it up what I had written and say, I'm
    thoroughly enjoying your blog. I as well am an aspiring blog writer
    but I'm still new to the whole thing. Do you have any tips for rookie blog writers?
    I'd certainly appreciate it.

    Here is my page: como se reproducen los peces

    ReplyDelete

a penny for your thoughts?