Wednesday 19 February 2014

Make Up Geek Eyeshadow Swatches








I made a little order from Makeup Geek a few weeks ago and I'm so excited to share with you what a little treasure I have discovered. Makeup Geek eyeshadows have been raved about in the beauty world for a long time and I've never bought into it as I always thought I had enough eyeshadow to last my whole life time. But ever since I started this blog, nothing was ever enough, there is always room for more that I could review, swatch and experiment with.

The package came really quick, under two weeks from time of payment. The shipping fee was OK, not the cheapest but still reasonable. It was $15.82, possibly because I had purchased a palette which made it a large parcel. 


The "silver to go" palette (US$12.99) is sleek, sturdy and like its name suggests, great to travel with. It has a large mirror inside which is fantastic to use when applying your eyeshadow, especially if you are trying to achieve some fine details in your eye makeup so that you don't have to lean forward to get a closer look in your vanity mirror. The inside however is a rush job. As you can see from the previous picture, it is just a black piece of magnet that has been glued down to the base of this silver palette and the magnet doesn't even stretch all the way to the end. (you can see where the magnet cuts off and reveals a strip of plastic palette). It's not too big of a deal as this palette is more ideal of carrying around in your makeup bag rather than the Z-palettes which aren't clipped shut and without a mirror.

Now onto the actual shadows. They are US$5.99 for each of the refills and you get 1.8g of product. The pigmentation is amazing, the texture is amazing, the lasting power is amazing and the blendability is amazing. There really are no cons to Marlena's eyeshadows. Many people like to compare Makeup Geek's shadows to MAC's and this is probably because Marlena, as a qualified makeup artist used a large amount of MAC products in her kit and used MAC's eyeshadows as her inspiration/starting point. She has said in a couple of her youtube videos that she had sent MAC products to her lab so that her products can have similar colour/quality as MAC products. So in a way she is making dupes which is fantastic for us beauty enthusiasts who can't get the MAC Pro discount.

I purchased almost all her neutral colours ( :-| ). No surprises there. Even though I already had high expectations of the eyeshadows from other bloggers' review, I was highly impressed. Here are some of the swatches from my little collection. 

Shimma Shimma


 Purely Naked


 Glamorous


 Creme Brule


Latte


Hipster


Homecoming


Moondust


 Prom Night


Twilight


Looking forward to trying her line of blushes when it comes out!
When will I ever finish all my nude/neutral eyeshadow palettes? *sigh*

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

a penny for your thoughts?