Sunday 2 March 2014

Mecca Haul

I have been terrible this month. I practiced no self restraint at all. It's shameful! I even shocked myself when I added up all my beauty related purchases from my credit card bill. *cringe* But would I take any of it back? Hell NO!

I've popped into Mecca a couple of times during February and accumulated a few goodies of late. Of course it doesn't help that Mecca is just near where my husband works so every time I meet him for lunch, my credit card also has a date with Mecca Cosmetica. 






Diptyque Eau Rose Edt 100mL $138
This is just an on-point rosy, planty smelling perfume. Not like your usual sweet floral scents that somehow start to feel childish as you wear it longer and longer. This scent is definitely a mature lady smell. I think I must be aging, the next scent I'll be going for will be the old-lady-soap smell.

Chantecaille Save the Bees Palette $120
Can I just say the most gorgeous palette.....ever this year so far. I would only want the limited edition palettes to come be better and better :) The quad features two neutral shimmer eyeshadow shades (bronze and dark brown), a peachy pink shimmer blush, and a very very light blue - almost white - silver shimmer for highlight. Extremely pigmented and buttery soft.

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Luminous Light $62
Pink toned all over face powder with very finely milled iridescent shimmer throughout. Gives an amazing all over face glow.

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused Light $62
Yellow toned sheer all over face powder with slight shimmer. Very sheer, can hardly see anything on my skin :(

Mecca Cosmetica Powder Brush $65
The softest brush I have ever laid my hands on. Seriously, so soft. Sheds a little. About one hair every 2-3 applications. So it's forgivable.

Nars Light Reflecting Pressed Setting Powder $55 
I bought this because I was amazed by the texture. I had never seen or used anything like it before. It feels like a cream but it is a powder. It is just so fine. And it's shiny too so thats also a plus.





Stila In The Light Palette $62
Gorgeous colours. I can't believe it took me this long to buy this already. And it is amazing value because the quality of these shadows are so good and you are getting 10 colours. A MAC pre-arranged quad is $65 for only 4 shadows.

Toofaced Chocolate Bar Palette $68.95
I was debating about whether to buy this one or the Smashbox Fullexposure palette but after watching Jodie's (from Goo Roo Beauty) comparison of them, I was leaning towards the chocolate bar and once I swatched it in the store, my mind was made. Fullexposure's shimmer shades were such a let down. The perfectionist in me really wanted the Fullexposure palette as it is just so even and symmetrical and the shades are arranged in such an appealing gradient. Chocolate Bar just seemed all over the place.

Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer 12mL $21.95
I've wanted to try this primer as the silicone texture felt kind of similar to my holygrail primer which is the Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer. I'm really glad it comes in a travel size at Mecca as it gives me a chance to try it out before I decide to spend the big bucks on it.





Nars Narsissist Palette $115
How can I call myself beauty obsessed if I don't get my little mitts on this limited edition palette? The palette was released on 23rd Feb. Some cheeky stores had already sold out before this release date which meant staff and their frequent VIPs had first dibs. Online store sold out by 10am of 23rd. Will Australia be getting any more stock? I don't know. Everyone seems to forget about our little corner of the world.

Nars Eyeshadow Single in Nepal $39
A really gorgeous subtle rose gold shimmer. So creamy and smooth. Just an amazing all over lid colour. This colour is also in the Narsissist Palette so I'm debating whether I should exchange it for another colour. But this seriously is such a gorgeous colour.

Nars Eyeshadow Duo in Portobello $55
To most people, this would be such a boring shade. And I must admit, its nothing spectacular. But I bought this because I know I'm going to use the hell out of these two colours. These are my everyday crease colours and the texture is so amazing. There's no reason not to get it.

My husband is in disbelief, my bank account is crying but my heart is smiling. So fulfilled. For the time being I just need to stop watching youtube and reading blogs so I'm not influenced to go on another crazy-fuelled spending spree.
What do you tell yourself to restrain yourself from buying something thats very appealing?

No comments:

Post a Comment

a penny for your thoughts?