Thursday 14 August 2014

Rant & Rave: Inglot Freedom System Eyeshadow Palette





I have been MIA for so long and it almost killed me. I would whinge to my husband all the time for not being able to settle little Evelyn so that I could get some alone time to do things I liked. (I love taking care of Evie but beauty and makeup is my escape. It is the only thing that gives me a high/release when my nipples are sore from breastfeeding, covered in regurgitated said breast milk, and exhausted from entertaining a tireless little creature). So when this week I saw that one of my favorite bloggers Belly Head from Wondigondigo started following me I had a renewed determination to pick myself back up and get my act together.

So here I am 1:15am reviewing a new addition to my makeup stash for you all. Up on the chopping block (well, not really chopping block rather than golden podium. Because I have already titled this post a rant and rave) is a new customized Inglot Eyeshadow Palette. 









Top Mattes: 328, 337, 327, 329, 107
Bottom Shimmers: 30, 31, 42, 54, 422

Top Mattes: 328, 337, 327
Bottom Shimmers: 30, 31, 42

Top Mattes: 327, 329, 107
Bottom Shimmers: 42, 54, 422
Top Mattes: 328, 337, 327, 329, 107
Bottom Shimmers: 30, 31, 42, 54, 422
 First things first, how well are these eyeshadow refills packaged? It is sealed airtight in a plastic container as well as enclosed in a cardboard box. It beats MAC and Makeup Geek packaging for sure.
The Inglot Freedom System is equivalent to MACs pro customizable palettes. All palettes have pre fitted slots for eyeshadow, lip colour, blush and powder. The eyeshadow palettes come in all sizes including 1, 2, 3, 5, 10, 20 and 40. You could also place the refills in any magnetized palette such as a Z Palette. 

There is literally hundreds of colours to choose from. From all colours of the rainbow and in all sorts of finishes be it matte, shimmer or pearl. I decided to go for a 10 palette as its not too small but not a massive stay-at-home-only palette either. All neutrals (of course, come on girls, you know me by now) from light to dark with all mattes on the top row and all shimmers on the bottom row. There are two different shimmer finishes which are AMC Shine and Pearl but to be completely honest, I can't really distinguish a difference. 

The colours are extremely blend able. I think these are better than MAC eyeshadows, similar in quality to Bobbi Brown and Makeup Geek and slightly less pigmented than various Tom Ford Eyeshadows (if you read my previous post you would know why I said "various"). I have been wearing this palette non stop for the past three weeks and I just can't get enough of it. It now has some noticeable craters already forming on some of the colours. I choose this over my Bobbi Brown and Tom Ford simply because it breaks my heart to see said craters in those expensive palettes :( and I choose this over my makeup geek palette because I feel that MUG brown shadows all lean very warm such as creme brule, cocoa bear and have a strong red undertone once I blend them out over my eyelids.

Inglot shadows are extremely affordable at AUD $10/ USD $7 per refill and $20/$16 for the palette averaging each shadow to be about AUD $12 each. This is a recommended kit-worthy brand by a lot of makeup artist so if its good enough for them to use on brides, it should be more than enough for me running my everyday errands. And it is. You can purchase Inglot online with free shipping offered for orders over $100. Unfortunately there is only one store in Sydney located in Westfield Bondi Junction but there are plenty of swatches online for reference if you cannot physically get to a store.

Have you tried Inglot shadows? What colours do you recommend? I'm thinking of collecting more neutral shades :)




1 comment:

  1. Not sure why Inglot is not more popular, as they are 1/2 the price of MAC shadows and similar quality. I suppose buying a anastasia or UD palette is cheaper, but there are always too many shimmers and redundant shades, so its not a great cost benefit if you don't use them. I was a bit upset when I found out that the Chadstone store in Melbourne had closed. Inglot's website swatch colours are not true so posts like these are very helpful thank you. Another blogger had suggested 328 to be very similar to MAC soft brown ??

    I have purchased 328 and 327 along with one of those magnets to remove the pans easily - looking forward to receiving.

    What a genius idea to take the labels and put them on the back of the pallet!

    ReplyDelete

a penny for your thoughts?