Saturday 21 February 2015

All About That Base #01 - MAC Studio Fix Fluid


This is the first of a (hopefully, if I can manage to keep it up) long series of foundation reviews. I did some inventory and I currently have 84 foundations. Yes, 84. And I promise they are all within the 24 month period. So as you can see, I clearly have not held back ever since my beauty addiction escalated to a point of no return when I fell pregnant and stopped going to work. First up for review is  one that I was uncertain to feature as I hadn;t worn it in quite a few months; MAC's cult Studio Fix Fluid




NC20, NC25
NC20, NC25 Blended

I was in a MAC store earlier this month having a look at some new collections and I was offered to have them applied to my face. As a base, the artist used Studio Fix Fluid and that strong smell of alcohol and chemicals took me back to the days when I used to wear this foundation. To be honest, I had completely forgot I had these in my collection until it was applied to my face in store. 

The coverage and finish is unbeatable. It makes my face look absolutely flawless. Although it definitely looks like I have foundation on but it doesn't appear thick or heavy and does not break down into a patchy mess. 

I like to apply it over a radiance enhancing primer such as the light optimizing primer from NARS or Laura Mercier's Radiance Primer. Mixing a tinted moisturizer helps dilute the coverage of the product  and also makes it a little easier to blend out evenly. If it lightens the coverage, you can easily add layers without worrying about cakey-ness. 

The only downside about this foundation is that because it is 100% chemicals and unnatural ingredients, the longer it remains on your skin, the worse it is for your skin and you may experience breakouts if it is not properly all removed. On days that I wear Studio Fix Fluid, I make sure to triple cleanse before applying my serums and moisturizer. I first remove with a bioderma soaked pad, then cleansing balm and finally wash any remnants off with a gentle cleanser. 

I think this is a great product for any beauty buff because it is one of those save-the-day foundations when your skin is acting up but you need it to appear flawless for a special occasion. It also photographs beautifully so its a great one to keep for a rainy day.

Have you tried this one before? What are your thoughts on it?
What foundation would you like to see a review of next?


Beauty Obsessed Baby Mama

2 comments:

  1. Hello my friend! I would like to tell you that this write-up is awesome, great written and include almost all important info. I would like to see a lot more articles like this. Try
    Natural Skin Care for glowing and clear skin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure they have changed the formula in 2019, it used to break me out also but it no longer does and also does not smell of chemicals as much as it once did.

    ReplyDelete

a penny for your thoughts?