Sunday 2 November 2014

Monthly Marvels - October 2014


October has been a hectic month of uncontrollable beauty sprees. Holiday collections from all brands across the lands has appeared on counters and I am not one hold back. Here are a few products that has left a lasting impression ever since first application and read on to find out why I've been reaching for these pretty much on a daily basis.

Rimmel Lasting Finish Foundation with Comfort Serum
I have always really liked rimmel foundations. I especially loved the Match Perfection so I was very excited to get my hands on newly re-released Lasting Finish Foundation. It provides better coverage but still keeping the natural and dewy finish. It's also longer lasting on my oily skin than the Match Perfection so as the weather is warming up here in Sydney, I haven't been able to steer away from this foundation.



Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick in Sandstone
This is undoubtedly one of Bobbi's best shimmer bricks. It's similar to Beige and you can probably get away with buying Beige if you missed out on this limited edition release but Sandstone is just a touch darker with more of a champagne iridescence. Despite its intense shimmer, it is one of the most natural looking highlighters that I own. Much more subtle than Mary Lou Manizer and less frosty as well. This is definitely money well spent.



Sisley L'orchidee Highlighting Blush
Isn't it just mesmerizing? This soft peachy blush adds a very subtle glow to your cheeks and the colour just appears so natural and radiant. I don't how they do it but they've encompassed beautiful healthy skin in a compact form. I've worm it almost everyday this month.


 Bobbi Brown Eyeyshadow in Blonde 21
Yet another medium brown to add to my collection. This shade is very similar to Bobbi Brown's Sable 18 and both are loved equally. The pigmentation is spot on and blend ability is so easily it is suitable for anyone with hands.


Marc Jacobs The Face 1 Brush
Imagine Real Techniques Buffing brush but 3 times bigger and 10 times softer. Yep, it's a fantastic brush. It makes applying foundation super easy and super quick leaving behind no streaks or cakeyness. 

Smashbox Fan Brush
I only purchased this towards the end of October from Mecca Maxima but I have already seen the light. I've never used fan brushes before and now, I don't think I will ever stop. It applies highlighter so perfectly, in the perfect spot, with the perfect amount. This brush is not very dense but I think that's what's so great about it as it always leaves the most heathy and natural glow to your cheekbones.

Have you tried these products before? How do you like them? What have you been loving lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

a penny for your thoughts?